Welcome to the KINGAROY OBSERVATORY website.
* We're located on Geoff Raph Drive at the Kingaroy Airport - just turn off the Kingaroy- Cooyar Rd into Warren Truss Drive. Proced for 800M then left into Geoff Raph Drive. We're 260 M up on the right.
* KO is a 5 minute drive from the town's CBD
* Night shows begin at 7pm and finish at 8.30-9pm in the Autumn/Winter period and 7.30pm and finish at 9pm in the Spring /Summer period.
* Night shows not suitable for kids under 5.
* Kingaroy has an abundance of Motels, Hotels and Meal outlets, all of which now offer special deals to our visitors as long as they present our busiess card that is dated at time of issue at the Observatory.
This card is now valid for 2 calendar months, meaning as long as you show that card to any of the outlets on the list you wil get, those listed will honor that card in the form of a discount, special offer or deal, that vendor wants to offer at that time.
To take advantage of this scheme. you must first visit us to get that card.
* To book a Day and/or a Night Show, phone 4164 6194 or 0427 961 391, You can also book via email.
* Further info is our Facebook page Click the FB icon.
Principal astronomer James Barclay (above) has over 60 years experience in Astronomy. IN thr phto above, he's pictured with one of the three, large 14" telescopes, that shows exquisite detail of the Moon, Planets and Stars.
Bookings are essential for a Day and or Night show.
Click on Show Dates and Show Prices in the top menu, then phone 4164 6194 or 0427 961 391.
We also sell Skywatcher telescopes and mounts, well below other retail outlets. Phone, or email us for your price!.