Welcome to the KINGAROY OBSERVATORY website.
* We're located on Geoff Raph Drive at the Kingaroy Airport - just follow the road signs.
* Night shows (in the colder months) begin at 7pm between March 01 and Sept. 30 and 7.30pm frm Oct 01 until end of February.
* Night shows generally last for 90 minutes or so and are not suitable for under 5 yr olds.
* 2016 Astronomy calendars now in stock @ $18 each or $22 posted.
* Kingaroy has an abundance of Motels, Hotels and Meal outlets, all of which now offer special deals to our visitors as long as they present our busiess card that is dated at time of issue at the Observatory.
That date is valid for 2 calendar months, meaning as long as you show that card to any of the outlets on the list you will get, those listed will honor that card in the form of a discount, special offer or deal.
To take advantage of this scheme. you must first visit us to get that card.
* To book a Day and/or a Night Show, phone 4164 6194 or 0427 961 391, You can also book via email.
* Further info is our Facebook page Click the FB icon.
Principal astronomer James Barclay (above) has over 60 years experience in Astronomy. IN thr phto above, he's pictured with one of the three, large 14" telescopes, that shows exquisite detail of the Moon, Planets and Stars.
Bookings are essential for a Day and or Night show.
Click on Show Dates and Show Prices in the top menu, then phone 4164 6194 or 0427 961 391.
We also sell Skywatcher telescopes and mounts, well below other retail outlets. Phone, or email us for your price!.