Booking Terms and Conditions
Payment method and Booking online
Please read the following Booking Terms and Conditions carefully before making your reservation. By making a booking with Kingaroy Observatory, you agree to the terms and conditions outlined below.
1. Bookings are essential and can be made online via our website’s Home page.
2. Bookings of 6 or more must pay a 50% Deposit via EFT with the remaining balance on the night in cash.
3. In the event that you need to cancel your booking due to unforeseen circumstances and fail to notify the Observatory within 24 hours of the booking, no deposit refund will be provided. The same policy applies if you do not show up on the scheduled night.
4. Refunds are only applicable if the show is canceled by the Observatory due to prevailing adverse weather conditions.
5. Seniors are required to pay the adult rate, and all payments must be made in cash at the door.
6. We recommend checking with the Observatory one hour before the scheduled start time to confirm the status of your booking.
7. As of January 1 2024, new booking rates apply:
Adult / Senior – $40,
Pensioner with a Pension card – $30;
School age (5 – 17 yrs) – $20/.
Payment is CASH at door.
Group Booking Deposits
Group bookings of 6 or more individuals require a 50% deposit of the total amount, which must be paid to Kingaroy Observatory via Electronic Bank Transfer. The remaining balance should be paid in cash at the door on the night of the booking.
Deposit refunds are subject to the following conditions:
1. If a group booking is made, and the scheduled show is canceled due to cloud cover, there are two options available:
a. Request a refund within seven (7) days from the booked date.
b. Inform the Observatory in writing to hold the deposit over for up to 3 months for a second attempt to attend. If the skies are not suitable on the second attempt, the deposit will be refunded.
2. If the group organiser does not make a booking for a second attempt within the 3-month period or if they do but do not attend, the deposit is non-refundable.
3. If the group organizer requests a deposit refund after the 3-month period, the deposit is non-refundable.
4. Group booking deposits for a Day and/or Night Show will not be refunded if canceled within one (1) week of the booked date. Instead, a RAIN-CHECK will be offered, valid for 3 months from the date of issue. However, if the cancellation is due to a major adverse weather event, the deposit will be refunded.
5. If the skies cloud up within 30 minutes of the Observatory roof opening on the night of your booking, you will be offered a refund or a Raincheck. If the skies cloud up AFTER 30 minutes of the roof opening with no chance of clearing, there will be no refunds or rain checks.